Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Bastille Day!!!

July 14, Bastille Day. Vive la France.

I decided to lay out the cash and ordered Versus from the cable company so I could watch the Tour de france. I especially hoped that by some miraculous twist of fate, a Frenchman could actually win on Hautacam on Bastille day. I think the earth has a better chance of being struck by a meteor today, but I can still dream.

After watching a short Italian deservedly win the stage I can safely say that it doesn't matter what channel/company is showing the Tour in the US. If it has American announcers, it will assuredly suck. And tonight was no exception. The final 30 minutes were the only worthwhile coverage out of the entire 3 hours. I know, I know. There are TV starved cyclists in eastern Montana that would give up their Sidi's to be able to watch the Tour. But still, would it kill them to cut 90% of the human interest stories and show a little more racing? Please?

And to keep to the general whining of this post, let Liggett and Sherwen do all the announcing. Please...please....puuullllllleeeeease.

Kudos to Cadel Evans for the Yellow Jersey. Well deserved.

I apologize for the rant, but since it is Bastille Day, I believe I have the right to lose my head.

No comments: