Monday, June 16, 2008

Man Does Not Live On Bread Alone but I Like My Pumpernickel

To those who tell me to cut all breads from my diet remember these words: Let he who is without glutenin cast the first scone.

Tomorrow is the big Euro Cup '08 day. France meets Italy with a trip to the quarter finals on the line. I will be embarassing myself at work with my World Cup '98 jersey on, but France must win! I still have to congratulate Timo on his team's (Netherlands) win over les Bleus, but I am still choking on my words. But I guess I have to admit that the sun will shine on every dog's butt someday and the sun is shining on Holland so...congratulations. The strange thing is that I am also half Italian but I just can't bring myself to root for the Azzuri. They play with passion, they beat my team in 2006 for the World Cup title, but I...I...I..prefer Germany for my second team. There, I said it! I admit it. So if France doesn't make it tomorrow, I'll root for the Deutsch. I am so ashamed......Forgive me father for I have sinned.

No comments: