Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekly Update

A lot has happened since I last logged on. An old friend found me through this blog and we are going to meet and have a few beers soon. He'll need them to recover from what he has suffered reading this swill.
It was a week of firsts. I worked in Northern Arizona this week and had a chance to take a nice ride along Lake Mary Road. It was the first time I have ever ridden it where the wind was not blowing. The temp was around 65 DegF. Absolute perfection. An added bonus was that I got my flat tire upon arrival back to the car.

The next first (the second first?) was my first over the bars mountain bike crash in quite a few years. I'd like to think the lack of falls was from superior bike handling rather than an age induced lack of speed. Fortunately there was just enough blood drawn to make the crash worth while. Another scar to adorn the body. Some people collect tattoos. I collect scars.
I won't bore the world with tales of visiting the detention center in the Hopi Nation (it was for work) but suffice it to say that it was an interesting day. Stopped and took some pics of the typical Arizona tourist stop along I-40 on the way to Polacca.








No comments: